RA50YW is used mainly in the manufacture of highly stressed aerospace bearings which could attain temperatures up to 300°C and which require good fatigue resistance.
• Vacuum melted and consumable electrode remelted steel.
• High level of hardness at ambient temperature.
• Good temper resistance up to 500°C.
• Good resistance to compression.
• High level of fatigue resistance.
|T + 3xRv 550°C||60 - 63|
Key to heat treatment symbols
|Thermo-mechanical treatment||TM||Quenched and tempered||T+RV|
|Sub-zero treatment||F||Solution treated and aged||H+V|