• GKP® is used to produce nitrided parts which need to be extremely stable after hardening and tempering treatment.
• It is particularly suitable for deep nitriding.
• Gears, crankshafts, precision parts, aircraft parts.
• Nitriding steel with an excellent level of hardenability and particularly high mechanical properties, impact strength and fatigue limit.
• It may be nitrided in the heat treated condition with a core strength of 900 N/mm2 to 1450 N/mm2. The nitrided layer is not brittle.
• In comparison with other nitriding steels, GKP® allows the nitriding process time to be reduced by up to 40 % for the same nitrided layer depth.
• With the same nitriding process time, GKP® results in a depth gain of up to 0.2 mm. GKP® makes it possible to obtain nitrided layers with a depth of 0.9 mm.
|T + Rv 640°C||1250||1175||15||80|
|T + Rv 660°C||1130||1060||16||110|
Key to heat treatment symbols
|Thermo-mechanical treatment||TM||Quenched and tempered||T+RV|
|Sub-zero treatment||F||Solution treated and aged||H+V|