High quality dies
The drive for quality and productivity in the glassware industry requires manufacturers to use dies combining a perfectly polished surface with high heat checking resistance, wear resistance and oxidization resistance.
Aubert & Duval Glassware tool steels offering
Aubert & Duval offers the most comprehensive range of tool steels for the glassware industry on the market. We tailor our products to match requirements such as:
- Perfectly polished surface
- High heat checking resistance
- Wear resistance
- Oxidation resistance
- Resistance to mechanical stress
Glassware tool steels grades
- APX®V: Martensitic stainless steel, with corrosion resistance between 13% chromium and 18-8 steels, high resistance to organic acids, certain mineral acids and chloride-polluted media, good mechanical properties and resistance to hot oxidation
- R2449: Good mechanical properties and resistance to hot oxidation
- MPY: Precipitation-hardened Nickel base superalloy with excellent corrosion resistance and excellent mechanical properties up to 950°C.
- Electric cookers
- Optical glasses