DIE CASTING MATERIALS
Die casting tools made from hot work steels are one of our specialties. Thanks to decades of experience and close cooperation with our customers (die casters, producers of die casting machines), we tailor our products to match requirements such as:
- High wear resistance
- High temperature strength
- High temperature toughness
- High temperature fatigue resistance
- Low adhesion tendency
DIE CASTING ADVANCED STEEL GRADE: ADC88™
Our latest tool steel, ADC88™, stems from cooperation with customers targeting higher durability for light alloy injection molds. All our tool steels grades are melted and processed by Aubert & Duval. The lifespan of light alloy die cast parts highly depends on the thermal fatigue behavior of the material. Aubert & Duval has created a grade for improved thermal fatigue resistance while maintaining high properties of resistance to abrasion at temperature: ADC88™. Improved alloying balance and optimal melting and converting processes delay crack initiation through improved superficial softening resistance. Concurrently, ADC88™ shows higher toughness and Charpy V notch impact resistance, slowing down crack propagation. Its wide spectrum of applications completes Aubert & Duval’s grade range for die casting.
DIE CASTING: OTHER STEEL GRADES
- ADC3: gives a good compromise between heat checking resistance, toughness and wear resistance, specially recommended for large die casting dies.
- SMV®3 Premium H11 for optimum performance in all hot work applications, guaranteed microstructure, also available in Superior Quality (SMV®3W).
- SMV®4S Superior H13, complies with NADCA criteria as well as other automotive industry specifications for die casting applications.
Metal Powders for additive manufacturing
Aubert & Duval provides metal powder for 3D printing tooling parts, find out more
For specific grades, dimensions or applications contact us