• Manufacturing of orthopaedic implants, hip prosthesis, endomedulary nails, spine systems, rods and screws.
• M25W is an austenitic stainless steel produced by consumable electrode remelting.
• The composition of M25W is designed to provide a high quality structure with no delta ferrite and a sulphur content less than 0.003 %.
• Furthermore it should be also noted that it has an extremely low inclusion content due to rigorous selection of raw materials and the melting method used.
• M25W can be hardened by cold working up to 1000 MPa for standard section and 1400 MPa for small diameter and wire.
Key to heat treatment symbols
|Thermo-mechanical treatment||TM||Quenched and tempered||T+RV|
|Sub-zero treatment||F||Solution treated and aged||H+V|