• Production of permanent surgical implants and devices for osteosynthesis.
• Austenitic stainless steel with excellent corrosion resistance combined with good mechanical properties.
• Rigorous selection of the raw materials used in the steel and the use of consumable electrode remelting guarantee the very high quality required for the production of surgical implants.
• Due to its composition and the absence of ferrite, this steel is totally non‐magnetic and has very good resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion in a physiological medium (Cr % + 3.3Mo % + 15N % > 32).
• Niobium stabilisation results in excellent resistance to intercrystalline corrosion.
• The combination of the melting and processing methods ensures that a homogeneous, finegrained material with a very low level of inclusions is obtained. This results in excellent fatigue resistance which is ideal for the production of parts subject to high stresses.
Key to heat treatment symbols
|Thermo-mechanical treatment||TM||Quenched and tempered||T+RV|
|Sub-zero treatment||F||Solution treated and aged||H+V|