• This steel may be used to produce nitrided parts.
• Parts for the aerospace industry subjected to high stresses.
• This steel is mainly used at a tensile strength of 1400 N/mm2.
• High mechanical strength.
• High hardenability.
• For very thin parts or delicate shapes this grade may be air hardened.
• It may be nitrided in the heat treated condition to obtain a strength from 900 N/mm2 to 1400 N/mm2.
|T + Rv 200°C||1950||1450||10||60|
|T + Rv 600°C||1400||1150||13||65|
Key to heat treatment symbols
|Thermo-mechanical treatment||TM||Quenched and tempered||T+RV|
|Sub-zero treatment||F||Solution treated and aged||H+V|