• Forgings and mechanical parts in stainless steel requiring very good mechanical properties as well as good resistance to fatigue and sudden rupture.
Better coefficient of friction than austenitic stainless steels.
• Precipitation hardened martensitic stainless steel.
• Melting: consumable electrode remelted steel.
• Good mechanical properties in the longitudinal and transverse directions.
• Excellent toughness, ductility and fatigue properties.
• Good resistance to various corrosive agents.
• Good weldability.
|H + V 550°C||1120||1060||15||130|
|H + V 620°C||950||750||16||160|
Key to heat treatment symbols
|Thermo-mechanical treatment||TM||Quenched and tempered||T+RV|
|Sub-zero treatment||F||Solution treated and aged||H+V|