• Various mechanical and fabricated components operating in corrosive environments: sea water, chlorinated media, acid gases (H2S).
• The grade is specifically used in:
– offshore oil production industry (ASTM A182 Grade F58).
– marine industry.
– paper pulp industry.
– chemical industry.
• Super austenitic stainless steel with excellent corrosion resistance either general or localised (pitting, crevice) particularly in oxidant atmosphere with high chloride content:
Suitable for the test ASTM G48:
CPT > 95°C – CCT = 70°C
• Excellent crevice corrosion resistance in sea water atmosphere.
• Excellent stress corrosion resistance in H2S environment.
• The crevice corrosion resistance of steel NYB66 is significantly better than that of Ni-base alloy 625 and conventional super austenitic steels.
|H||> 800||> 420||> 50|
Key to heat treatment symbols
|Thermo-mechanical treatment||TM||Quenched and tempered||T+RV|
|Sub-zero treatment||F||Solution treated and aged||H+V|