• Nuclear industry (RCCM M4102 – M4107)
(ASME: SB163 – SB166 – SB167 – SB168 – SB564)
• Chemical industry (HCl/HF acids)
• Furnaces – incinerators
• Petrochemical industry
• Complies with
ASTM B163 – B166 – B167 – B168 – B564
• NY690 has excellent general and localised corrosion resistance in oxidising acid media, such as hydrochloric or hydrofluoric acid used during nuclear waste reprocessing or in pickling tanks.
• Corrosion resistance in phosphoric acid is excellent up to concentrations of 85 % and a temperature of 80°C.
• In sulphuric acid, this alloy may be used in any concentration but only at ambient temperature.
• NY690 shows very good stress corrosion resistance in aqueous chloride and polythionic acid media and in dilute sodium hydroxide solutions.
• In particular NY690 is used specifically for steam generator tubes and components in pressurised water nuclear power plants.
• At high temperatures NY690 shows good oxidation, sulphurisation and carburisation resistance. It can be used in non-sulphurous oxidising atmospheres up to 1150°C.
|H||> 586||> 240||> 30|
Key to heat treatment symbols
|Thermo-mechanical treatment||TM||Quenched and tempered||T+RV|
|Sub-zero treatment||F||Solution treated and aged||H+V|