• Forgings and mechanical parts in stainless steel requiring very good mechanical properties.
• Structural parts for the aerospace industry.
• Missile components.
• High pressure pumps and valves.
• Offshore industry.
• Precipitation hardened stainless steel of very high purity, vacuum primary melted and consumable electrode remelted.
• Excellent mechanical properties in the longitudinal and transverse directions.
• Excellent balance between strength and toughness properties, and excellent fatigue resistance.
• Good resistance to corrosion and stress corrosion.
• Very good weldability. Welding should preferably be carried out in the solution treated condition. Aging carried out after welding allows both the parent metal and weld bead to be hardened.
|H + V 510°C||1890||1750||10|
|H + V 490°C||1930||1800||9|
Key to heat treatment symbols
|Thermo-mechanical treatment||TM||Quenched and tempered||T+RV|
|Sub-zero treatment||F||Solution treated and aged||H+V|