• High strength and fatigue stressed rotation parts, mainly used for turbine shafts, compressor shafts.
• Precipitation hardened margaging steel vacuum melted and consumable electrode remelted
• High yield strength and good impact strength
• Good weldability, high cycle fatigue
• Surface hardening by nitriding is possible.
|H + V 480°C||1850||1780||9||40|
Key to heat treatment symbols
|Thermo-mechanical treatment||TM||Quenched and tempered||T+RV|
|Sub-zero treatment||F||Solution treated and aged||H+V|