• Fasteners used for assembly of light alloy components working at high temperatures.
• Distribution tubes for valveless engines with pistons and cylinders in light alloys.
• Precombustion chambers fitted to light alloy piston heads for diesel engines.
• Steel with a coefficient of expansion close to that of aluminum.
• Mechanical properties can be enhanced by work hardening.
|Work hardened condition||1000||800||35|
Key to heat treatment symbols
|Thermo-mechanical treatment||TM||Quenched and tempered||T+RV|
|Sub-zero treatment||F||Solution treated and aged||H+V|