• Closed-die forgings and large forged bars for the aerospace industry.
• This alloy has been specifically designed for structural components subject to high fatigue stress and the risk of corrosion.
• This alloy used in the over-aged T74 condition achieves a good balance between mechanical properties (strength, toughness and fatigue) and stress corrosion resistance.
• In the over-aged T76 condition, it is particularly resistant to exfoliation corrosion.
• Its good hardenability makes it suitable for producing thick parts.
|T 7452 condition thickness 150/175 mm||> 469||> 400||> 9|
|T 74 condition thickness 100/125 mm||> 483||> 414||> 7|
Key to heat treatment symbols
|Thermo-mechanical treatment||TM||Quenched and tempered||T+RV|
|Sub-zero treatment||F||Solution treated and aged||H+V|