• Forgings MX455 steel grade is a precipitation hardening martensitic stainless steel. MX455 is a suitable material for surgical instruments submitted to heavy flexion stresses which must exhibit high tensile strength and toughness.
• MX455 structural hardening stainless steel is highly recommended instead of standard martensitic stainless steels when both corrosion resistance and toughness are needed.
• Precipitation hardened stainless steel.
• Excellent compromise between tensile strength, ductility and tenacity.
• Good general and pitting resistance in chloride media and resistant to decontamination processes.
• Good ability to cold forming.
• Good weldability.
|H + R 820/850°C||1300||1200||16||55|
Key to heat treatment symbols
|Thermo-mechanical treatment||TM||Quenched and tempered||T+RV|
|Sub-zero treatment||F||Solution treated and aged||H+V|